Linking your Aadhaar Card to Canara Bank can be done through various methods including online, offline, SMS, and Net Banking. To link your Aadhaar Card to your Canara Bank Account, follow our step-by-step guide for a seamless process. Our exclusive guide provides detailed instructions on how to seed your Aadhaar Card with your Canara Account Number. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has emphasized the importance of linking your bank account with Aadhaar. Get comprehensive information on how to link your Aadhaar Card to Canara Bank through online, offline, SMS, and Net Banking methods.
इस पोस्ट में क्या है ?
What is the Deadline for Linking Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank?
Earlier this June, the Central Government mandated the linking of Aadhaar with Canara bank accounts. If you hold an account with Canara bank, it’s essential to link your Aadhaar Card by March 31. Failing to do so may lead to transaction issues or potential account closure.
Steps for Updating Aadhaar in Your Canara Bank Accounts
The Government of India requires Aadhaar linking with bank accounts. Here are the steps:
- Insert your ATM card, select a language, enter your PIN, and proceed.
- From the “Fast Cash Menu,” click on “Main Menu.”
- Navigate to “Other Services” and then to “More.”
- Choose “AADHAAR NUMBER REGISTRATION.”
- Confirm agreement for sharing Aadhaar details between the bank and UIDAI.
- Enter and confirm your 12-digit Aadhaar number, and select the account type.
- Upon successful registration, subject to Aadhaar verification, your number will be linked within 3 working days, with a confirmation SMS.
Offline Aadhaar Card Linkage with Your Canara Account
Before initiating the Aadhaar Card linking process with your Canara bank account, ensure you have specific documents prepared, including both the original and a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card, your Canara passbook, and the Aadhaar Card linking form available for download from the Canara website or obtainable from a Canara branch.
Complete the form by providing necessary information such as your branch’s name and address, Canara account number, your name, address as printed on the Aadhaar Card, and your Aadhaar Number or Aadhar UID number. Attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form. Once you’ve filled in the required details, visit your bank branch to submit the application to a bank representative or official.
Next, the bank will verify your details by accepting the original Aadhaar Card along with a photocopy, initiating the verification process. They’ll cross-check the information you provided with the Aadhaar database. Upon matching, the processing of your application will commence. Upon successful completion, you will receive a notification on your registered mobile number confirming the successful linkage of your Aadhaar Card with your Canara account.
Linking Aadhaar via Canara Bank Internet Banking
For internet banking users:
- Log in and click “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts.”
- Access the “Link Aadhaar” option, select “Aadhaar Registration.”
- Fill the form with your account and Aadhaar numbers, confirm mobile digits, and agree to terms.
- Submit the form and receive a reference ID.
- Within 24-48 hours, check the status on your registered mobile number.
Ensure timely linkage to avoid disruptions in your Canara Bank transactions.
Canara Bank Aadhaar Link FAQ
The Government of India has mandated linking Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts for authentication purposes. It’s essential to adhere to this directive.
As per the latest notification, the deadline to link Aadhaar with Canara Bank accounts is 31st March.
You’ll require an original and a photocopy of your Aadhaar card, your Canara bank passbook, and the Aadhaar Card linking form available on the Canara Bank website or at the bank branch.
Yes, if you’re an internet banking user, you can log in to Canara Bank Net Banking and access the “Link your Aadhaar number” option under “My Accounts” on the left panel.
After submission, the status of your Aadhaar seeding will be sent to your registered mobile number within 24-48 working hours.