Linking your Aadhaar card to your IDBI Bank account is a straightforward process, and you can do it through various methods such as online, offline, SMS, and net banking. Follow this step-by-step guide to link your Aadhaar card to your IDBI Bank account. Our exclusive guide provides detailed instructions on the Aadhaar card seeding process with your IDBI account number. It’s important to note that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has emphasized the significance of linking your bank account with Aadhaar. For more information on how to link Aadhaar to your bank account, continue reading below.
इस पोस्ट में क्या है ?
Linking Aadhaar to IDBI Bank Account: Important Information
Deadline for Aadhaar Linking: December 31
As of June this year, the Central Government mandated the linking of Aadhaar with IDBI bank accounts. It is crucial to complete this process by December 31. Failure to link your account may lead to transaction issues and potential account closure.
Steps to Link Aadhaar to IDBI Bank
In accordance with the amendments under the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017, all accounts must be Aadhaar seeded and authenticated through biometric or Yes-No facility.
To facilitate this process, IDBI Bank has introduced a secure web page for customers to seed Aadhaar or authenticate already seeded accounts. This service is OTP-based, requiring customers to have updated mobile numbers in both their bank accounts and Aadhaar database.
Online Aadhaar Linking Process
- Enter your valid account number and Aadhaar number, then click “Continue.”
- Receive an OTP on your registered mobile, enter it along with the captcha, and click “Validate.”
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click “Continue.”
- Receive an OTP from UIDAI on your registered mobile, enter and validate it.
- Your personal details will be displayed upon successful validation.
Offline Aadhaar Linking Process
- Collect necessary documents: Original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card, IDBI passbook, and the Aadhaar linking form.
- Fill in the form with branch details, account number, your name, address (as per Aadhaar), and Aadhaar number.
- Attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card to the form.
- Visit your IDBI bank branch, submit the application to a bank representative, and undergo the verification process.
- Once details are verified and match the Aadhaar database, you’ll receive a notification confirming the successful linking of your Aadhaar Card to your IDBI account.
Please note that individual and sole proprietorship accounts can be linked online, while partnership and company accounts require Aadhaar linking requests to be submitted at the nearest branch.
IDBI Bank Aadhaar Card Link FAQ
As per the notification issued by the Central Government in June, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar with your IDBI Bank account. Failure to do so by December 31 may result in transaction issues, and your account could be at risk of closure.
Follow these steps:
Enter your valid account number and Aadhaar Number.
Click on “Continue” to receive an OTP on your registered mobile.
Enter the OTP and Captcha, then click on Validate.
Proceed to enter your Aadhaar Number and click “Continue.”
Receive OTP from UIDAI, validate it, and once successful, your personal details will be displayed.
Yes, you can follow these steps:
Gather required documents: original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card, IDBI passbook, and Aadhaar Card linking form.
Fill in necessary details in the form, including branch name, account number, name, address, and Aadhaar Number.
Attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form.
Visit your bank branch to submit the application to a representative.
The bank will verify details and, upon successful verification, send a notification to your registered mobile confirming Aadhaar linkage.
Failure to link your account by December 31 may lead to transaction issues, and your account could be closed.
For NRI customers, the minimum tenure of RD is 12 months.